POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow...
Date: 13 Dec 2008 19:50:01
Message: <web.494457d1390d446c85de7b680@news.povray.org>
....that I do renders to occupy the time while loading Web pages!  I was shocked
to realize how one habit had reversed itself to adapt to an adverse situation.

My DSL quite often runs at less than 5% capacity--or to put it another way, less
than half the speed of dial-up.  That's if it's running at all; it crashes at
least once a day.

No one seems to know why we have such appallingly shitty service.  Worse, no one
seems to care, including other members of my household.  (One seems to be in
denial that there's any problem at all.)  (Name another product where customers
blithely accept a MTBF of less than 24 hours.)  The DSL service(?) provider
calmly washes its hands of the problem.

I just wish I knew what to do or who to turn to.

Post a reply to this message