POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... : Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow...
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Dec 2008 05:30:01
Message: <web.4944df5e46c6d88478dcad930@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:

> Sounds like there are too many users for your ISP's infrastructure.
> Sure, they might advertise that you can get speeds up to X, but divided
> between all their users you'll usually get a lot less.

Yeah, I think that might be the explanation in my case. And it can only get
worse, which is sad. It's amazing to me that the infrastructure/fiber optic
cables/whatever that feed my neighborhood--and that were upgraded not 'too'
long ago, according to my ISP--are already maxing out, it seems. Or else they
just lie-lie-lie to their customers, hoping nobody will notice.

KW