POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... : Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow...
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 13 Dec 2008 21:32:56
Message: <49447058$1@news.povray.org>
Get a good ISP, make sure the installing tech doesn't go until u test
the speed in www.speedtest.com after that download some 100MB (if u have
  multi Mb connection or 10MB if u don't) to test sustained speed.

Possible solution:
  Turn off Windows Firewall (if u use it) and download
personalfirewall.comodo.com (freeware, with and optional payed extended
security) select Defense+ type install, don't install th Antivirus, let
it install Safe Surf, configure The zones(intranets, DNS, etc. try to
add the localhost (127.0.0.1) in the Stealth Ports Wizard to avoid too
much asking from Security+). Is a great firewall, but don't take the
word of a pirate for it, look for urself:
http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/view_results.html
http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/view_results_xp.html
http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/view_results_vista.html