POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... : Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OMG! My Internet connection is so slow...
From: Chambers
Date: 13 Dec 2008 21:30:19
Message: <05E576DD236F4E9EA8343F1412E960DE@HomePC>

Sounds like there are too many users for your ISP's infrastructure.
Sure, they might advertise that you can get speeds up to X, but divided
between all their users you'll usually get a lot less.

During the storm some users got off their computers (or were forced off
due to power outages or something), leaving more bandwidth available to
you.

If you can show that you consistently get much lower speeds than they
advertise, you might have a case to force them to either relabel their
service to give an accurate representation, or to upgrade their
equipment.

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com