POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oddworld Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Oddworld (Message 26 to 35 of 35)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Oddworld
Date: 8 Sep 2008 11:38:57
Message: <48c54711$1@news.povray.org>
>> I... I have no idea... I don't know what games exist for PS.
>
> Damnit you need a console, get a PS3 and The Orange Box and we can go
> TF2ing together :-P

Heh. I know from experience that the controller on the PS3 is virtually
unusable.

> No need to worry about system specs

I'm usually not.

> or making sure your anti-virus programme doesn't suddenly
> decide to do a system scan while you're playing

I don't have any AV software.

> (hey and no viruses either)

Same here. ;-)

> 5-10 second boot up to menu

That's worth having. (Ah, but how long to load an actual game? ;-)

> HD output

My PC can output resolutions so high my monitor can't handle it. :-P

> and a blu-ray player...

Do you happen to know if anything has been released on BluRay yet?

>> (Or for PC, actually.)
>
> Heck I'm almost solely into PS3 now and I still know what's being
> released on the PC and the 360.

What I _do_ know is that Abe's Oddessy and Abe's Exodus are on PC, but
the next one is _only_ available for Xbox. :-(

>> I just like making them shoot each other and stuff. Because I'm like
>> that... (And also shooting their slogs. Heh.)
>
> I like the little chuckle they can make.

"Here boy..." POW! POW! POW! POW! "Muhuhuhuh!"

I am a sick, sick individual...

>> Not sure which part you mean.
>
> The opening sequence. Almost old school in the expectations that you
> have read the manual and thus have no real requirement for a control
> tutorial.

The opening sequence is pretty damned easy, and the signs walk you
through _all_ the controls. Even the PC ones. ;-)

>> (Well, except for the controls. Arrow keys to move, shift to run,
>> space to jump... and ENTER to roll??)
>
> Ah yes console joypad for teh win. What are the whistle codes mapped to?

7 is the high whistle and 8 is the low whistle. (Notice how they mapped
them the wrong way round to confuse expert keyboard players such as myself.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/