POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oddworld : Re: Oddworld Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oddworld
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 8 Sep 2008 15:46:24
Message: <48c58110@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> Yeah, but LCD monitors usually only go up to 1024x768, or maybe
> 1280x1024 if it's expensive.

All decent 24" Wide-LCD's have native resolution of 1920x1200 (which,
with 60Hz refresh rate, has lower pixel clock than 1600x1200@85hz).
Heck, even all decent 22" Wide-LCD's have native resolution of 1680x1050.

Personally, I'd miss 4:3 -monitor if I was forced out of CRT on my
desktop. LCD's, especially wide ones, take an incredible amount of
desk-space with proper resolutions, when 19" CRT can take 1600x1200 easily.

> It looked impressively sharp though. CRT has the advantage that it works
> properly at *every* resolution, but I think LCD has now reached the
> point where it actually looks sharper. I'm thinking about getting myself
> an LCD at some point. However... having just spent a whole heap of
> money, I guess it won't be any time soon...! o_O

Check the panel type and don't get TN ;).

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net