POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oddworld : Re: Oddworld Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oddworld
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Sep 2008 14:17:17
Message: <48c56c2d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Heh. I know from experience that the controller on the PS3 is
>> virtually unusable.
>
> So unusable my 6 year old cousin can play a game with it despite it
> being too large for his hands. Ah come on One Of Us, Join Us, Forsake
> the Mouse and pick up the Joypad.

NEVER! :-P

>>> HD output
>>
>> My PC can output resolutions so high my monitor can't handle it. :-P
>
> Ah but do you have a 40" widescreen LCD monitor? :-)

No. My bedroom is significantly too small to fit one. :-P

My sister has one though. I find that having the screen so far away
means you can't see the detail quite so well. It *does* look impressive
though. Mind you, Benny has a 25" LCD that looks pretty amazing. He
claims it's 1900x1600 or something absurd...

>> What I _do_ know is that Abe's Oddessy and Abe's Exodus are on PC, but
>> the next one is _only_ available for Xbox. :-(
>
> Yeah after Exoddus they switched over to XBox odd they didn't release it
> for Windows too given the similarity in platforms.

Exclusivity contract, much? ;-)

>> The opening sequence is pretty damned easy, and the signs walk you
>> through _all_ the controls. Even the PC ones. ;-)
>
> But you are being chased.

Not in the PC version.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/