POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:11:24 EDT (-0400)
  Back to the future (Message 195 to 204 of 234)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Back to the future
Date: 7 Aug 2008 11:16:45
Message: <489b11dd$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
>  my (imo) valid criticisms of the editor, plus seeing several threads

That's one of the things that killed me about the thief editor. I didn't
work with it much, but it certainly seemed like they should have been
able to (for example) tell you when a hole was big enough to move
through without getting stuck, or a gap small enough to jump over.
Otherwise, it was all trial and error.

I mean, at a minimum, have the stuff you stick to the walls and floors
be able to "snap" to the surface/grid/whatever. The levels are full of
lights that float an inch from the wall, book shelves facing the wall,
fire in the fireplace not touching the floor, etc.  As well as them
having issued a patch or two that just made it possible to take routes
where they'd made the window too small to climb through by 3 pixels or so.

There's even a garish default texture so you can walk around and find
the surfaces you forgot to texture. Rather than, you know, a function in
the editor that points the camera at any untextured surfaces.

How could it *not* save time to automate such stuff?

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Ever notice how people in a zombie movie never already know how to

Post a reply to this message