POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: St
Date: 7 Aug 2008 13:35:07
Message: <489b324b@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 18:03:25 +0100, St. wrote:
>
>>      What? Even Wings3D? As far as I know, it's 'the' most easily used
>> modeller out there. And very powerful.
>
> Well, even Wings3D has a slight learning curve.  Blender is easy to
> operate as well, once you have learned the interface - but for some, that
> takes years to master.
>
> Today's society is full of people who don't want to take the time to
> *learn*, they just expect to be able to understand everything instantly,
> and get frustrated when they don't "get it" within the first 30 seconds
> of using a new tool.

     Ha, yeah, I didn't think of it like that, but I do know what you mean.
I think it was Gilles that first posted here about Wings a couple of years
ago, (three?) and up until that point, I was using sPatch and Hamapatch,
(which are good, nothing wrong with them imo), but then things became easier
when following the tuts he posted. I love Blender, I've played around with
it a lot, (and I know it's so much more powerful than Wings), but yes, it's
the interface that does it for me. I want to get on with the job, and
Blender restricts that just for trying to find something. Ah, I dunno, maybe
I'll give it a *serious* try someday...  :)

    ~Steve~