POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:14:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Back to the future
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Aug 2008 14:30:09
Message: <489b3f31$1@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>       True, but it can be done. I mean, I'm pretty sure that Crytek do this,
> and of course some of the mod teams do this too.

I'm sure everyone serious does it. I'm just not sure I can visualize the
process. I've sat in design meetings of software, web sites, documents,
etc. I haven't sat in design meetings for interactive games. It seems to
me it might be noticably different. I'm wondering how autonomous the
decisions made by the people sitting in front of the level editor are,
for example. How much of the level is pre-planned, how much is easier to
lay out and then fix later if it plays poorly.

>      If you're not making a mod, (where you introduce new elements, models,
> whatever), then it's basically all there for you in the editor,

I'm kind of talking about how much goes on before you even sit down in
front of the editor.

>    I'd love somebody from here to test my map, but I don't think anyone here
> plays Crysis.  :o/

I might if I had the video card for it.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Ever notice how people in a zombie movie never already know how to