POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There comes a time... Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  There comes a time... (Message 1 to 10 of 67)
From: Phil Cook
Subject: There comes a time...
Date: 1 Feb 2008 10:09:11
Message: <op.t5upqgbcc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
.. in every young geeks life where he resolves to locate the designer of
the motherboard they've just been installing and string them up from the
nearest tall object.

Thank you unnamed designer for the entire 5mm clearance between the CPU
heatsink clamps and Northbrige+heatsink on one side and the other 5mm
clearance between the clamps and a set of capacitors. Also taking into
account standard case designs putting the screw hole between the serial
port block and where the PSU normally sits was just as much fun.

Nah it wasn't too bad I just wonder if they ever have to actually install
one of their creations.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message

"Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
> .. in every young geeks life where he resolves to locate the designer of
> the motherboard they've just been installing and string them up from the
> nearest tall object.
>
> Thank you unnamed designer for the entire 5mm clearance between the CPU
> heatsink clamps and Northbrige+heatsink on one side and the other 5mm
> clearance between the clamps and a set of capacitors. Also taking into
> account standard case designs putting the screw hole between the serial
> port block and where the PSU normally sits was just as much fun.
>
> Nah it wasn't too bad I just wonder if they ever have to actually install
> one of their creations.
>
> --
> Phil Cook
>
> --
> I once tried to be apathetic, but I just couldn't be bothered
> http://flipc.blogspot.com

LOL
No. They are completely satisfied with building it. ;-)

Regards
         bluetree

Post a reply to this message

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> .. in every young geeks life where he resolves to locate the designer of
>> the motherboard they've just been installing and string them up from the
>> nearest tall object.
>>
>> Thank you unnamed designer for the entire 5mm clearance between the CPU
>> heatsink clamps and Northbrige+heatsink on one side and the other 5mm
>> clearance between the clamps and a set of capacitors. Also taking into
>> account standard case designs putting the screw hole between the serial
>> port block and where the PSU normally sits was just as much fun.
>>
>> Nah it wasn't too bad I just wonder if they ever have to actually
>> install
>> one of their creations.
>>
>> --
>> Phil Cook
>>
>> --
>> I once tried to be apathetic, but I just couldn't be bothered
>> http://flipc.blogspot.com
>
> LOL
> No. They are completely satisfied with building it. ;-)

Yeah, I wouldn't have minded too much but if you think of it as being
orientated NS then ES was a vast unsullied plain of nothing-ness.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com

Post a reply to this message