POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : There comes a time... : Re: There comes a time... Server Time
10 Oct 2024 23:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: There comes a time...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 4 Feb 2008 09:33:07
Message: <op.t5z7zaf6c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:05:27 -0000, bluetree <nomail@nomail> did
spake, saying:

> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>> Yeah, I wouldn't have minded too much but if you think of it as being
>> orientated NS then ES was a vast unsullied plain of nothing-ness.
>
> ^^
> I know, why I am not a geek and actually not able to build a computer
> from piece parts all on my own. :-D
> You should see the wire-clutter, my computer has inside... (would
> probably be
> better, if things would have a different orientation or I would have
> another tower.) ;-)
> But I don't complain, because I'm soooo happy, it works and I can do
> quite enough with that old thing. :-)

In a older thread I pointed out how installing things in terms of hardware
has barely changed compared to software. Depending on what you're doing
you're still expected to pop the case, screw/unscrew things, fiddle with
wires and jumper settings while ensuring you're not statically charged and
shorting anything out.

Can you imagine if the only way to install anying in Windows was to locate
the correct installation file, move some of the files over manually, and
then set the right commands in the registry while at the same time
ensuring it doesn't mess with any of your other programmes?

I mean sure things have got better superficially. I opened the case by
hand rather then by screwdriver, and... um yeah that's about the only
difference I noted.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com