POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I use bozo? Server Time
30 Jun 2024 14:45:54 EDT (-0400)
  How can I use bozo? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: gregtom6
Subject: How can I use bozo?
Date: 23 Apr 2011 08:15:01
Message: <web.4db2c1b15bfaf7e0449846a10@news.povray.org>
Hy all!
http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/water05.html
In this site, you can see a nice render with bozo 1.5 .
But how can I reproduce that water in my render? First problem is, I can't write
this code:
texture{
         pigment{ color rgb<0.35,0.65,0>*0.7}
         normal {bozo 1.5 bumps 0.75 scale 0.015 }
         finish { phong 0.1 }
        }

It says: No matching } in normal, bumps found instead.

If I delete bozo 1.5, it renders successful.

What's the problem, and how can I reproduce that water in that image?

Post a reply to this message

> In this site, you can see a nice render with bozo 1.5 .
> But how can I reproduce that water in my render? First problem is, I can't write
> this code:
> texture{
>           pigment{ color rgb<0.35,0.65,0>*0.7}
>           normal {bozo 1.5 bumps 0.75 scale 0.015 }
>           finish { phong 0.1 }
>          }
>
> It says: No matching } in normal, bumps found instead.
>
> If I delete bozo 1.5, it renders successful.
>
> What's the problem, and how can I reproduce that water in that image?

maybe it's bump_size you want ... or maybe if you want a combination of
the two (bozo and bumps) you should have a look at average

Post a reply to this message

From: gregtom6
Date: 23 Apr 2011 08:50:00
Message: <web.4db2ca8f14c27fae449846a10@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> On 04/23/2011 09:10 AM, gregtom6 wrote:
> > Hy all!
> > http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/water05.html
> > In this site, you can see a nice render with bozo 1.5 .
> > But how can I reproduce that water in my render? First problem is, I can't write
> > this code:
> > texture{
> >           pigment{ color rgb<0.35,0.65,0>*0.7}
> >           normal {bozo 1.5 bumps 0.75 scale 0.015 }
> >           finish { phong 0.1 }
> >          }
> >
> > It says: No matching } in normal, bumps found instead.
> >
> > If I delete bozo 1.5, it renders successful.
> >
> > What's the problem, and how can I reproduce that water in that image?
> >

> maybe it's bump_size you want ... or maybe if you want a combination of
> the two (bozo and bumps) you should have a look at average

More important question is how can I reproduce that render you see in that
image(under bozo 1.5)

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Apr 2011 09:27:09
Message: <4db2d3ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/23/2011 09:48 AM, gregtom6 wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> On 04/23/2011 09:10 AM, gregtom6 wrote:
>>> Hy all!
>>> http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/water05.html
>>> In this site, you can see a nice render with bozo 1.5 .
>>> But how can I reproduce that water in my render? First problem is, I can't write
>>> this code:
>>> texture{
>>>            pigment{ color rgb<0.35,0.65,0>*0.7}
>>>            normal {bozo 1.5 bumps 0.75 scale 0.015 }
>>>            finish { phong 0.1 }
>>>           }
>>>
>>> It says: No matching } in normal, bumps found instead.
>>>
>>> If I delete bozo 1.5, it renders successful.
>>>
>>> What's the problem, and how can I reproduce that water in that image?
>>>

>> maybe it's bump_size you want ... or maybe if you want a combination of
>> the two (bozo and bumps) you should have a look at average
>
> More important question is how can I reproduce that render you see in that
> image(under bozo 1.5)

well I guess you didn't read far enough ;-) ... the function pattern
then the isosurface ... you can combine things in all sorts of ways!

or if you want to learn how to do it ... check out the isosurface
tutorial on the wiki:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.2#Simple_functions

then when you're up to spped:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.2#Combining_isosurface_functions

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: gregtom6
Date: 23 Apr 2011 10:35:00
Message: <web.4db2e29014c27fae449846a10@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <jho### [at] povrayorg> wrote:
> On 04/23/2011 09:48 AM, gregtom6 wrote:
> > Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:

> >> maybe it's bump_size you want ... or maybe if you want a combination of
> >> the two (bozo and bumps) you should have a look at average
> >
> > More important question is how can I reproduce that render you see in that
> > image(under bozo 1.5)
> >

> well I guess you didn't read far enough ;-) ... the function pattern
> then the isosurface ... you can combine things in all sorts of ways!
>
> or if you want to learn how to do it ... check out the isosurface
> tutorial on the wiki:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.2#Simple_functions
>
> then when you're up to spped:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.2#Combining_isosurface_functions

> Jim

That seems to me too hard.
Ok, I found a code to create a cube shaped water(that was in a cube shaped
pool). Now I need to create a cylinder shaped water.

All in all:
cylinder { // Cylndr001
  <0,0,1>, <0,0,0>, 1
  scale <27.299999, 29.4, -4.4>
  rotate <-90.0, 0.0, -90.0>
  translate  <-14.4, -17.4, 42.6>
}
This cylinder's surface must be look like this:
http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/water35_3b.jpg
or at least like this:
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/p_wat6.htm
In the bottom of the page, you can see that pool, and the code what creates that
render. I need that kind of water at least.

Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Date: 23 Apr 2011 10:55:00
Message: <web.4db2e72314c27faed59c44b30@news.povray.org>
"gregtom6" <gre### [at] freemailhu> wrote:
> > > texture{
> > >           pigment{ color rgb<0.35,0.65,0>*0.7}
> > >           normal {bozo 1.5 bumps 0.75 scale 0.015 }
> > >           finish { phong 0.1 }
> > >          }
> More important question is how can I reproduce that render you see in that
> image(under bozo 1.5)

Remove bumps 0.75 or use bump_size.
You need reflection in the finish{}.
You need other objects and background/sky_sphere to be reflected.

If you provide a more complete scene we can help some more.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

From: gregtom6
Date: 23 Apr 2011 11:15:01
Message: <web.4db2ec1014c27fae449846a10@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > More important question is how can I reproduce that render you see in that
> > image(under bozo 1.5)
>
> Remove bumps 0.75 or use bump_size.
> You need reflection in the finish{}.
> You need other objects and background/sky_sphere to be reflected.
>
> If you provide a more complete scene we can help some more.
>
> Stephen S

Ok, here's my scene:
I want the event horizon looks like I said in the previous comment.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.4db2eaa9cca565c1449846a10%40news.povray.org%3E/

Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Date: 23 Apr 2011 11:50:01
Message: <web.4db2f3f914c27faed59c44b30@news.povray.org>
"gregtom6" <gre### [at] freemailhu> wrote:
> Ok, here's my scene:
> I want the event horizon looks like I said in the previous comment.
I've posted a sample scene of a water looking normal on a cylinder in
moray.binaries

Does this help?

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

From: gregtom6
Date: 23 Apr 2011 12:50:00
Message: <web.4db3032314c27fae449846a10@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "gregtom6" <gre### [at] freemailhu> wrote:
> > Ok, here's my scene:
> > I want the event horizon looks like I said in the previous comment.
> I've posted a sample scene of a water looking normal on a cylinder in
> moray.binaries
>
> Does this help?
>
> Stephen S

Looks a bit strange, but good, thanks. But if that looks like this:
http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/water26_3b.jpg
or at least this:
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/imw/p_isowatpool_1.htm
That would be better.
As for the last, here's the code:
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/povw/IsoWaterPool_01.pov
And I can't fit that surface to a cylinder in the gate.

Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Date: 23 Apr 2011 14:25:00
Message: <web.4db3192714c27faebdb4f80a0@news.povray.org>
"gregtom6" <gre### [at] freemailhu> wrote:
> Looks a bit strange, but good, thanks. But if that looks like this:
Those are isosurface objects, you can use the InsertCode plugin
InsertCodeMFC.dll from Luis Gomes
to use no-supported features in Moray.

Stephen S