POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I use bozo? : Re: How can I use bozo? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 11:57:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I use bozo?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 23 Apr 2011 09:27:09
Message: <4db2d3ad$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/23/2011 09:48 AM, gregtom6 wrote:
> Jim Holsenback<jho### [at] povrayorg>  wrote:
>> On 04/23/2011 09:10 AM, gregtom6 wrote:
>>> Hy all!
>>> http://www.imagico.de/pov/water/water05.html
>>> In this site, you can see a nice render with bozo 1.5 .
>>> But how can I reproduce that water in my render? First problem is, I can't write
>>> this code:
>>> texture{
>>>            pigment{ color rgb<0.35,0.65,0>*0.7}
>>>            normal {bozo 1.5 bumps 0.75 scale 0.015 }
>>>            finish { phong 0.1 }
>>>           }
>>>
>>> It says: No matching } in normal, bumps found instead.
>>>
>>> If I delete bozo 1.5, it renders successful.
>>>
>>> What's the problem, and how can I reproduce that water in that image?
>>>

>> maybe it's bump_size you want ... or maybe if you want a combination of
>> the two (bozo and bumps) you should have a look at average
>
> More important question is how can I reproduce that render you see in that
> image(under bozo 1.5)

well I guess you didn't read far enough ;-) ... the function pattern
then the isosurface ... you can combine things in all sorts of ways!

or if you want to learn how to do it ... check out the isosurface
tutorial on the wiki:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.2#Simple_functions

then when you're up to spped:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Tutorial_Section_3.2#Combining_isosurface_functions