POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stbenge Fastprox fast SSS Server Time
6 Oct 2024 05:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  stbenge Fastprox fast SSS (Message 18 to 27 of 27)
From: Mr
Subject: Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS
Date: 2 Sep 2009 06:10:00
Message: <web.4a9e43d56629da5e88154c6f0@news.povray.org>

> Unless you make use of POV-Ray's mechanisms for storing and re-loading
> of radiosity samples, some deal of flicker is virtually inevitable with
> radiosity - the lower-quality the settings, the worse.

You mean more than other renderers?

> (Of course it doesn't help that if your scene contains any moving
> objects, you'd theoretically need to recompute radiosity for every frame
> anyway.)

Of course I want to be able to animate the character in the long run, so I have
planned to do it with no baking, that's why my radiosity settings are so low.
I have to increase them. But I really would have liked to stay under 6 minutes
per frame. Is Povray radiosity never used for animation? It's the main reason
why I first came to Pov instead of Blender Internal

You seem to imply that you recognize this flicker as Pov radiosity's fault, if
so and if you're right, I can try to lower fast proxsampling and increase
Radiosity's to keep reasonable times and reduce flicker.

Post a reply to this message