POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stbenge Fastprox fast SSS : Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS
From: Mr
Date: 2 Sep 2009 07:10:00
Message: <web.4a9e515d6629da5e9d05baaf0@news.povray.org>
"Mr"
> You seem to imply that you recognize this flicker as Pov radiosity's fault, if
> so and if you're right, I can try to lower fast proxsampling and increase
> Radiosity's to keep reasonable times and reduce flicker.

Great! I switched to BSP for a try and the scene went down from 6 min 26 sec, to
4 min 18 sec! Now I have the room to improve radiosity: 2 spare minutes per
frame should allow for quite some polishing. don't you think that the flicker
could totally disappear? I mean not from a theoretical point of view, but as a
user, comparing to other renderers: they can get invisible when settings are
high enough
Or maybe POV can't be used for animation as much as these renderers because of
some real limitation it has that they don't?
I'll ask some more about BSP in another thread, it seems to be worth it.