POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : stbenge Fastprox fast SSS : Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS Server Time
6 Oct 2024 03:11:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stbenge Fastprox fast SSS
From: Mr
Date: 8 Sep 2009 08:50:01
Message: <web.4aa652bb6629da5e7bb925340@news.povray.org>
"m_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> web.4a9fd5eb6629da5e6ce87ead0@news.povray.org...
> > clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> >>
> >> You should change that indeed. Radiosity and ambient don't mix very well.
> >>
> >> If you're not using ambient to model glowing objects, you can just set
> >> "ambient_light" to zero.
> > thanks, in the global settings? but If I do decide to use some mesh light
> > or
> > the ambient of an hdri will it make an "exception for it"? or there is
> > another
> > way to change the default ambient to 0 instead and just specify a value
> > for
> > glowing objects? I want to make things as flexible as I can since this is
> > only
> > the character and the set should be able to change.
> >

> Put at the beginning of the script :
>
> #default {
>                 finish { ambient 0 }
>    }
>
>  Every texture with no ambient statement will take  0 as ambient value
>
> Marc

Wow! great, thank you Marc.

A question about the beta related to Fastprox:
Does the min extent and max extent thing still require some margin? Comments in
the macro say this is because Pov has difficulties adjusting tight bounding
boxes, so I wondered if that hadn't been solved already in the current beta
with all the work that has been done...?