POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flocking Server Time
5 May 2024 04:58:16 EDT (-0400)
  Flocking (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Flocking
Date: 5 Jul 2016 04:07:14
Message: <577b6ab2$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/5/2016 7:41 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 2-7-2016 16:11, Stephen wrote:

>>> It is confusing. Damask is certainly right, but damascene is also used
>>> in this context. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damascening and
>>> especially 'Damascene in Toledo, Spain'.
>>>

>> True, true and true. But for cloth... ;)
>> My first thought on damascene is related to, "on the road to Damascus"
>> Checking up on my memory. I found the meaning of "damask cheek" as used
>> by Shakespeare. Rosy cheeked.
>
> You are absolutely right of course. 'Damask' should be used for cloth,
> damascene for inlay work, but do we know what Anthony intends to do? ;-)

Flock wallpaper is my guess.

>>> I should revisit Rune's texture to be sure, but I suppose it should be
>>> possible one way or another. I was thinking in the line of a contrast of
>>> strong and weak (micro-) normals controlled by the pigment_pattern.
>>>

>> I like Rune's macro (attached). It is simple. :)
>>
>> I took a look at your code but since Bishop3d does not support
>> pigment_pattern. I tied myself in knots with the syntax in Ver 3·62.
>> I'll try again when I am not doing six things at the same time. Soon
>> come. :)
>>

> I am busy with something else now but I shall want to have a try too.

It is time to move on from Bishop3D. Bye bye old scenes.

Back to learning Blender.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Jul 2016 07:04:27
Message: <577b943b$1@news.povray.org>
On 5-7-2016 10:07, Stephen wrote:
> It is time to move on from Bishop3D. Bye bye old scenes.
>
> Back to learning Blender.

That is not a bad idea at all.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Jul 2016 09:25:01
Message: <web.577bb4b6706bc742664116940@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> It is time to move on from Bishop3D. Bye bye old scenes.
>
> Back to learning Blender.

I have recently discovered, though not yet had enough free, round tuits, to try
-

Breeze designer:
http://www.breezedesigner.com/breeze/download.aspx

Lionsnake modeler:
http://evilsnack.byethost22.com/lionsnake.htm?ckattempt=2

(just to throw this in here)
Arabeske:
http://www.wozzeck.net/arabeske/manual-export/povray-export.html

Plus there's the recently posted Infinity 3D modeler.

Maybe we ought to start a new thread to post links to POV-Ray compatible
utilities, as I am sure there are quite a few broken links, and always new
things to be discovered!

{Embrace the command-line, Stephen   ;) }

Post a reply to this message