POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flocking : Re: Flocking Server Time
18 May 2024 12:50:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flocking
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Jul 2016 08:00:00
Message: <web.577cf225706bc7425e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> Another technique which might be very successful in this context would
> be the use of eval_pigment() in combination with trace(), to place
> objects on a height_field or an isosurface.

Thomas,
I had been thinking about trying this method, recalling that several folks were
exhibiting quite impressive results with plants and other items, but was unable
to find any documentation or sample code to get me started.

Could you provide a pointer, link, or a few key code snippets to show the
basics?  I think this is a powerful method that a lot of people could use to
make better scenes, faster, if there was some quick-start code readily
available.

{Maybe put it in a new thread with eval_pigment in the title for future
searches?}

Thanks!