POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Flocking : Re: Flocking Server Time
18 May 2024 14:29:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flocking
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Jul 2016 10:18:19
Message: <577bc1ab$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/5/2016 2:23 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>
>> It is time to move on from Bishop3D. Bye bye old scenes.
>>
>> Back to learning Blender.
>
> I have recently discovered, though not yet had enough free, round tuits, to try
> -

Thanks for taking the time to look them up.

I had a quick look but they all came out of the Ark. Bishop3D is good
but it is not maintained any more. It only has 3.6 syntax but it can
import a large subset of it.

I think Blender is the best open source modeller about.
There are two plugins that export SDL so it is not all meshes and you
can use PovRay textures. It just takes a long time to get competent with it.

> Breeze designer:
> http://www.breezedesigner.com/breeze/download.aspx

I think that this is a bit old. It talks about PovRay Ver 3

> Lionsnake modeler:
> http://evilsnack.byethost22.com/lionsnake.htm?ckattempt=2

Again this is old about 2010.

> (just to throw this in here)
> Arabeske:
> http://www.wozzeck.net/arabeske/manual-export/povray-export.html

Last updated Jan 2004

> Plus there's the recently posted Infinity 3D modeler.

Made me think that one. :)

> Maybe we ought to start a new thread to post links to POV-Ray compatible
> utilities, as I am sure there are quite a few broken links, and always new
> things to be discovered!

Is that a volunteer?
One pace forward!

> {Embrace the command-line, Stephen   ;) }

Away and play on a busy road. :-P

You will be telling me to get a computer that you boot up by stepping
through switch registers.

Viva tomorrow! :)

--

Regards