POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lighting problem,please help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:09 EDT (-0400)
  Lighting problem,please help (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Lighting problem,please help
Date: 16 Nov 2010 04:35:01
Message: <web.4ce2500a9d76459e507e8a090@news.povray.org>
I'm working on an experimental test image, involving a differenced sphere with a
chrome texture on the inner surface, and a hole cut in one side.

The sphere is surrounded by atmospheric media, and there is a light source
inside the cavity.

logic suggests that the only light effecting the media should be coming from the
hole, but the scene is a complete white-out.  It's as if the sphere is not
containing the light source at all, but allowing the rays to pass through it.

Even when the hole is removed from the sphere, and the light is completely
contained within, the scene whites out.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message