POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lighting problem,please help : Re: Lighting problem,please help Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighting problem,please help
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Nov 2010 10:19:33
Message: <4ce2a105$1@news.povray.org>
"Anthony D. Baye" <Sha### [at] spamnomorehotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> I'm working on an experimental test image, involving a differenced sphere
> with a
> chrome texture on the inner surface, and a hole cut in one side.
>
> The sphere is surrounded by atmospheric media, and there is a light source
> inside the cavity.
>
> logic suggests that the only light effecting the media should be coming
> from the
> hole, but the scene is a complete white-out.  It's as if the sphere is not
> containing the light source at all, but allowing the rays to pass through
> it.
>
> Even when the hole is removed from the sphere, and the light is completely
> contained within, the scene whites out.
>
> Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Try this:
- contain the media only within the sphere
- if tthe sphere and media container are scaled up, devided the scattering
color by the same amount. ex: media container scaled 100, then do scattering
{scattering type, scattering color/100 gamma Gamma etc....}
- always use intervals 1 (default !!)
- start with samples 10 and increase if needed

Thomas