POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : camera Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:32:34 EDT (-0400)
  camera (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Kevinaz
Subject: camera
Date: 5 Mar 2007 17:10:00
Message: <web.45ec947b3b1cee0529e876c50@news.povray.org>
hi,

I'm very new to pov ray, (got it yesterday), and I'm having a little bit of
trouble understanding how to position the camera.

I use Anim8or to model everything and setup a scene. Then I use a program
called ani2pov to convert the scene to .pov format.

Here's my problem: the camera should be set up so that it looks like this:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/986/an8cityva8.jpg

But it ends up looking like this:
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/2738/scene01tp6.png

I have no clue how to change the code to re-adjust it. No matter what I try,
the camera doesn't seem to move.

Please Help

Kevinaz

Post a reply to this message

You can try PoseRay. It matches its preview with the POV-Ray camera.

http://mysite.verizon.net/sfg0000/

Just import the geometry. Set up the preview the way you want it and
export to POV-Ray.

good luck,

FlyerX

Kevinaz wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm very new to pov ray, (got it yesterday), and I'm having a little bit of
> trouble understanding how to position the camera.
>
> I use Anim8or to model everything and setup a scene. Then I use a program
> called ani2pov to convert the scene to .pov format.
>
> Here's my problem: the camera should be set up so that it looks like this:
> http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/986/an8cityva8.jpg
>
> But it ends up looking like this:
> http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/2738/scene01tp6.png
>
> I have no clue how to change the code to re-adjust it. No matter what I try,
> the camera doesn't seem to move.
>
> Please Help
>
> Kevinaz

Post a reply to this message