POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : camera : Re: camera Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: camera
From: Kevinaz
Date: 6 Mar 2007 10:05:00
Message: <web.45ed830a19f1c36729e876c50@news.povray.org>
"kike" <dry### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> I agree with the idea of coordinate changes but I have another idea as well.
> It happens to me when working with several pov files (for example having
> different models in different files) that you forget to remove the cameras
> from your model files. Then pov finds several cameras and when you change
> the camera settings in your main file nothing happens because it is
> actually using another camera. As you say that when you change camera
> settings nothing happens could be this the problem? That you have defined
> more than one camera?

here's the code snippet:

camera {
   location <-3.509800,33.472000,168.360001>
   up <0,1,0>
   right <-4/3,0,0>
   direction <0,0,1>
   look_at <-11.923838,34.394115,163.035004>

}

I know I have the right camera, because I can still change attributes like
"sky", and "Direction", but the other attributes still don't work.

Kevinaz

P.S. could you explain that again Kike, in "laymens terms". As I'm new to
pov ray, (and 3d for that matter), I'm having a little trouble
understanding what you wrote.

thanks