POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disable splash window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Disable splash window (Message 21 to 30 of 38)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: David El Tom
Subject: Re: Disable splash window
Date: 28 Sep 2005 16:23:10
Message: <433afbae$1@news.povray.org>
I'm still wondering that such a simple questions bears such a vivid thread.
As I'm using POVRay on my linux box I can't say much how long it takes
to load the splash screen and how long it is shown. But once you have
fired it up you can render as much as you want without seeing the splash
screen again.
If you stumble over yourself by starting POVRay over and over again, and
that over a slow net connection, you don't deserve to see the splash
screen each time. Continous scene animations can be done even with
complex camera motions with arrays of positions and orientations  or
just simple splines and the <clock> or <frame> statement.
It is just admissible to honor the people that worked on and coded
POVRay and to remind people what amazing piece of software they gave us,
and that for free.

... dave

Post a reply to this message