POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disable splash window : Re: Disable splash window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:09:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disable splash window
From: David El Tom
Date: 28 Sep 2005 19:31:30
Message: <433b27d2$1@news.povray.org>
maybe to bring this unfertile discussion to an end;
I just turned on my old window$ box, downloaded cygwin (of cause only
the essentials), the generic sources of POVRay and compiled a cygwin'd
command line version without problems, ..., and who has expected it ? NO
SPLASH SCREEN ;-) just the normal stats (if you don't forget the -D option)

for all of you out there, who are annoyed by the splash screen, the
whole procedure took less then one hour (90% downloading), ... , and
imagine how much time you save if you are calling it just through a
terminal instead of pushing all the graphical gimmicks through the net
to display it via a VNC client.

... dave