POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disable splash window : Re: Disable splash window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:25:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disable splash window
From: sascha
Date: 29 Sep 2005 04:48:56
Message: <433baa78@news.povray.org>
> You are aware that you can delete files from SDL (depending
> io-restrictions of course)?  Well - not exactly delete but reduce to
> zero file size.  Just open them with #fopen in write mode.

Well... So I would start with 200GB mesh data on my disk, and when the
renderer finished the disk would be nearly empty again.
I can't see how this should help if I don't have 200GB free disk space
in the first place.

Sure, there are workarounds (the external application could try to
produce the per-frame data while POV-Ray is still rendering the previous
frame, and it could even communicate with the POV-Ray-script using
external files or POV's shell-out option). The point is: this makes
writing external applications that use POV-Ray merely as a renderer
unnecessarily complicated.

-sascha