POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:36:35 EDT (-0400)
  INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture
Date: 30 Mar 2018 19:43:16
Message: <5abecb94@news.povray.org>
Hi,

for my upcoming 1850s Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat I have
questions about a number of features that I never needed that way
before. Here is my next inquiry.

Many parts of the steamboats were constructed using wooden planks (each
40cm = wide). I know I can create the separations between the planks by
using a NORMAL that creates deepened straight lines. No problem here.
But I also want to have a lumber texture for each plank, and it cannot
be a continuous grain texture. Each plank needs to have its own grain
that does not continue with the neighboring planks. And that is my
question: how to achieve that if I try to avoid using IMAGE_MAPs?

---
http://www.avg.com

Post a reply to this message