POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture : Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture Server Time
10 May 2024 22:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 Mar 2018 08:40:00
Message: <web.5abf81813059e6915cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:

> What a great work that is that you did there. It is exactly what I need.

Thanks - I still think needs some serious artistic work in the pigment /
texturing, but it slaps together a serviceable floor.

> But it is a looong file, and my intention is to change it to a macro
> where I can adjust through the macro parameters the length and width of
> the planks, and the color of the wood used.
> - plank length
> - plank width
> - wood base color
> - wood grain color

Right - I think when I posted the code, there was some discussion of tidying it
up for general use.  My free time isn't ANYTHING like it was when I wrote that
scene, but maybe it can iteratively get improved.

It's definitely a recurring need, and a topic that's been addressed LOTS of
times in the past.