POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture : Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 31 Mar 2018 21:35:55
Message: <5ac0377b$1@news.povray.org>
Bald Eagle (is that a native American chieftain or warrior name?) came
up with a truly great code he had created some time ago. I think, I want
to use that code, and try to persuade him to develop his code into a
macro and make it available to all the POV-Ray community through the
POV-Ray Resources (objects) Page.

His code gives really amazingly good results. I can highly recommend
that. In fact, I believe as planks are so much needed for so many
scenes, by so many users, it should become one of the POV-Ray includes
that come together with the POV-Ray installation, once it exists as a macro.

As a macro, I would consider the following parameters as needed:
- plank width
- plank length
- wood base color
- wood grain color
- wood grain type
where the last three parameters could be replaced with the usage of one
of the existing wood types that come with POV-Ray if the user prefers that.

---
http://www.avg.com