POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture : Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture Server Time
24 Apr 2024 10:50:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 31 Mar 2018 01:52:42
Message: <5abf222a$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, that will do.

What a great work that is that you did there. It is exactly what I need.

But it is a looong file, and my intention is to change it to a macro
where I can adjust through the macro parameters the length and width of
the planks, and the color of the wood used.
- plank length
- plank width
- wood base color
- wood grain color

That file is really long, I have to find those locations where I want to
make the change, might take me a while.

But then again, since you are the developer of this absolutely useful
and artistic piece of coding, I wonder if you self wouldn't want to
create a macro of this and add it to the POV-Ray resources (objects)? I
think, it really belongs to be there, once it is an adjustable macro.

Even if I make it to a macro, I would place it there but give all credit
to you (no word of mine), if you agree on that. But for the perfection
of things, it should be 100% you behind this wonderful work.

---
http://www.avg.com