POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture : Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: INQUIRY: Wooden Planks Texture
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 1 Apr 2018 11:15:00
Message: <web.5ac0f75b3059e6915cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
> You may want to look at this too, by Dan Hentschel.
>
> --
> Thomas

Yes, the whole wood floor thing is just a variation of code from Warp, Hentschel
and deGroot - a respectable POV-Ray law firm.
Plus there was a lot of guidance from a host of people following the WIPs.
Which I suppose ought to be WsIP....
I added a dark sheet to give some definition to the cracks between the boards,
but that was probably the only major attribute that I may have added.

And Sven - I've looked it over, and the actual wood-floor building part isn't
that long at all.   Most of that code is just wood textures.

I'll chisel away at it to see how much I can simplify it, but the actual code is
pretty simple.   It's just a matter of rewriting it so that external textures
can be plugged in.

But thanks for the positive response   :)