POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling Eclipses with POVRay Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Modelling Eclipses with POVRay (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: pavium
Subject: Modelling Eclipses with POVRay
Date: 11 Mar 2006 03:20:00
Message: <web.4412874c1d36d8c19ffd9dc20@news.povray.org>
OK, so I didn't look through all 7598 entries in the 'general' group, but I
think I have an unusual application for POVRay.

I dabbled in rendering complex scenes a few years ago, but since I don't
have the kind of hardware which makes rendering painless and fun, I
switched to modelling Solar Eclipses with POVRay.

While it is a little complex to calculate the positions of the Sun, Moon and
Earth during an eclipse, the calculations pale into insignificance compared
to the actual raytracing.

Anyway, I've only recently put all this onto a live website. You can see it
at:

http://www.pavium.info/Eclipse/

All this is several years old now. Let me know if there's any interest out
there.

Post a reply to this message