POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Modelling Eclipses with POVRay : Re: used it for March 14-15 penumbral eclipse render Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:25:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: used it for March 14-15 penumbral eclipse render
From: pavium
Date: 14 Mar 2006 00:45:00
Message: <web.44165789181997a38398f4b40@news.povray.org>
Thanks, Bob, I'm glad you found it useful.

I'd be careful about changing the size of the sun, moon and earth, but
changing the position of the camera can't do any harm.

I looked at your picture ... if you chose SUN as the viewpoint then (during
the eclipse) the moon should be in front of the earth.

I think I wrote somewhere in the code that a light source can't see the
shadows it makes.

I haven't tried running the code through POVRay in a while. I used rev 3.5
Does it still work with the latest revision?