POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures? (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Subject: Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures?
Date: 27 Nov 2005 08:42:21
Message: <4389b7bc@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I've tried to compress a mesh2 object with an included texture file with
Warp's nifty mesh compression program. This it the mesh2 - I got from an
export from PoseRay:

//Seat_pov_geom.inc
#include "seat_POV_mat.inc" //UV textures used in the mesh
object seat_= mesh2{
vertex_vectors{
30726,
<0.671223,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
<0.6957603,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
<0.7201734,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
<0.7442579,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
<0.7678812,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
.
texture specs
.
indices
.
<122667,122668,122669>,
<122670,122671,122672>,
<122673,122674,122675>
}
}

However, when trying to compress it meshcomp.exe repsonds with

No objects found

the commandline being

meshcomp -y -m -x C:\seat_POV_geom.inc C:\seat_POV_geom.pcm

Can the meshcomp program be used to compress mesh2 textures (and make the UV
textures maps still work right in the resulting compressed mesh?)

Thanks!
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer

Post a reply to this message

> (and make the UV textures maps still work right in the resulting
> compressed mesh?)

      I'm not sure, it's a long time since I've used it. Have you tried
commenting out uv-mapping in your 'seat_POV_geom.inc' file? (At the end of
the file).

     ~Steve~

> Thanks!
> --
> Stefan Viljoen
> Software Support Technician / Programmer
> Polar Design Solutions

Post a reply to this message

The newest version of the mesh compressor fully supports mesh2. You can
download a beta of the windows version here:

http://warp.povusers.org/WinMeshcomp30_beta3.zip

  Unfortunately there are no macros to read the new format yet.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message