POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures? : Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures?
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 27 Nov 2005 08:42:21
Message: <4389b7bc@news.povray.org>
Hi all

I've tried to compress a mesh2 object with an included texture file with
Warp's nifty mesh compression program. This it the mesh2 - I got from an
export from PoseRay:

//Seat_pov_geom.inc
#include "seat_POV_mat.inc" //UV textures used in the mesh
object seat_= mesh2{
vertex_vectors{
30726,
<0.671223,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
<0.6957603,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
<0.7201734,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
<0.7442579,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
<0.7678812,0.8849202,-0.4263052>,
.
texture specs
.
indices
.
<122667,122668,122669>,
<122670,122671,122672>,
<122673,122674,122675>
}
}

However, when trying to compress it meshcomp.exe repsonds with

No objects found

the commandline being

meshcomp -y -m -x C:\seat_POV_geom.inc C:\seat_POV_geom.pcm

Can the meshcomp program be used to compress mesh2 textures (and make the UV
textures maps still work right in the resulting compressed mesh?)

Thanks!
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer