POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Group? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 09:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  New Group? (Message 11 to 20 of 33)
From: Bill DeWitt
Subject: Re: New Group?
Date: 4 Mar 2000 16:51:31
Message: <38c18563@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" said:

> Another thing to consider might be to have a much lower file-size
limitation (I
> can hear grumblings already), say 250KB; I'd even think that to be large
for
> such a temporary thing if downloading is the concerned anyway.

    I agree with a smaller file size, but wonder if it needs to be
mandatory.

>But then maybe
> not temporary is the way to go for reasons stated, such as questions and
answers
> + images need to be around to learn from.

    Well, 'temporary' is, in my view, the only reason for having such a
group. The idea being to save space on the server by keeping all the "test"
images in a place where they are automatically deleted.

Post a reply to this message