POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Group? : Re: New Group? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Group?
From: ingo
Date: 4 Mar 2000 17:51:22
Message: <8EEDFAFE7seed7@204.213.191.228>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

>But to use the only good series of images I ever posted, those in which
>a stone full of flowers was developed, much of the related discussion
>-should- have been in scene-files,...

If you did post the scene file and there was scene file related discussion,
yes.
If there were a discussion on something like composition or lightning, I'd
like to have it with the picture, not the scene file.

>... and I should have deleted the two(?) test images.

No! Also the development of a picture is interesting.
I think of TonyB's empty hallway, hallway with little people, hallway with
magician. TonyB's moutainscape with bridge, Mick Hazelgrove's gate and red
sea images.

>Not to mention that there were a whole series of "equally distributed
>points around a sphere" posts whose images would be better stored as a
>scene file than as a finished render.

Here I'd say one or two pictures and the rest indeed as a scene file. Same
with the fractal boxes. But seeing he whole process was interesting.

Ingo