POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Group? : Re: New Group? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Group?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 5 Mar 2000 08:23:58
Message: <38c25fee@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <run### [at] inamecom> wrote :

> I also think development of images can be interesting years after they
were
> made.

    I can understand why you think that, but I wonder if you ever go back
and revisit a great set of test images or if, instead, you collect the
finished works?

    I looked through about 1/2 years worth of images when I first got here,
but then I got into a range of images that didn't use the recent version of
POV and were of limited interest just because of that. I remember wondering
at the time why there were so many near duplicates.

    Perhaps you were thinking that the retirement rate would necessarily be
the same as for p.o.t? I can see a expiration of several months being a
help.

    Of course, the alternative may soon be to retire -all- past images after
a certain time.