POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New Group? : Re: New Group? Server Time
10 Aug 2024 11:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Group?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 4 Mar 2000 17:19:55
Message: <38c18c0b@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] homenl> wrote :

> What if the discussion or the technique showed is more interesting than
the
> picture itself? Will p.b.i become a showoff gallery filled with the
> "Tran's, Hazelgrove's and Day's"?

    Perhaps some of the discussion is worth keeping, but most of the posts
are "Great image" posts that would be better in email or on a temp group.
But to use the only good series of images I ever posted, those in which a
stone full of flowers was developed, much of the related discussion -should-
have been in scene-files, and I should have deleted the two(?) test images.

    Not to mention that there were a whole series of "equally distributed
points around a sphere" posts whose images would be better stored as a scene
file than as a finished render.