POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS in PovRay? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:12:01 EDT (-0400)
  NURBS in PovRay? (Message 1 to 10 of 36)
From: Felix Petriconi
Subject: NURBS in PovRay?
Date: 25 Aug 1999 08:22:14
Message: <37C3EE28.C51EB041@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Hallo,

are there any plans to include NURBS into PovRay?

I think it would be a great advantage to have NURBS in PovRay because
You would not have to handle big meshes.

I know it is not so easy to implement this feature because it is
mathematicaly
a little bit tricky. But I believe that the time consuming ray-testing
AND reading
of big meshes would be history with this feature.

(I have worked with BMRT, which supports the NURBS, and it was really
nice
to render quite complicated modells.)
By the way, some of the great modellers (like Rhino) support NURBS.

I just wanted to start a discussion. Perhaps there are some good reasons
not
to include NURBS into PovRay.

Greetings,

Felix