POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : NURBS in PovRay? : Re: NURBS in PovRay? Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:10:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: NURBS in PovRay?
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 25 Aug 1999 13:32:21
Message: <37C428D4.DADE3058@fv.aetec.ee>
Felix Petriconi wrote:
> Once I created
> a TIE fighter with Rhino. The size was about 12 MB. The PovRay meshfile
> was about 125 MB and it took some time to parse it. (I know that there is
> a utility by Chris Colefax which reduces the number of triangles.)
>
> Greetings Felix

Felix, in order to use Rhino with POVRay I'd suggest to export from
Rhino to 3DS format, then use 3DS2POV converter to create files with
mesh2 format, which will be much more compact and will retain UV mapping
information. In order to use mesh2 format, you have to use either
Superpath or UV patched POVRay.