POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Feature request (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Andrew Cocker
Subject: Feature request
Date: 11 Mar 1999 13:33:39
Message: <36e80c83.0@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

On the subject of feature requests..is there an official channel for sugestions?

Anyway, what I'd really, really like to see is this:
Instead of a pigment and color_map only affecting the surface of the object, I'd like
see the possibility that the texture could physically *eat away* the object wherever a
specific keyword is used as a color_map entry ie erode. As I understand it, procedural
textures exist in 3d space anyway, but are only seen where the surface of the object
is,
so perhaps this feature could be implemented easily?

----------
Andy

Post a reply to this message

<and### [at] acockerfreeservecouk> wrote:

> Anyway, what I'd really, really like to see is this:
> Instead of a pigment and color_map only affecting the surface of the object,
I'd like to
> see the possibility that the texture could physically *eat away* the object
wherever a
> specific keyword is used as a color_map entry ie erode. As I understand it,
procedural
> textures exist in 3d space anyway, but are only seen where the surface of the
object is,
> so perhaps this feature could be implemented easily?

Did you try a color map and transparency? I am not completely sure, but it
should work...

    Thorsten

Post a reply to this message