POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature request : Re: Feature request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature request
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 11 Mar 1999 17:16:41
Message: <36e840c9.0@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote in message <36e81444.0@news.povray.org>...
<snip>

>Did you try a color map and transparency? I am not completely sure, but it
>should work...
>
>    Thorsten

All that does is make parts of the surface clear..the entire inside of the object
remains
completely empty. I want the object to appear completely solid, but with color_map
entries
cut into it. I dont want to use media to do this, as I want to be able to texture the
object as any other ( metal finishes etc )
Anyway, using your suggestion of a Clear map entry, you can't really use highlights as
they appear on the clear section also. I suppose you could use a texture_map to get
round
this problem, but it's not what I was originally suggesting.
I know that Bryce3D has such 3d procedural texturing...not sure how it's implemented
though.

---------
Andy