POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Field rendering question Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Field rendering question (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: PovRAY
Subject: Field rendering question
Date: 16 Apr 2002 17:33:51
Message: <3cbc98bf@news.povray.org>
I'm about to make an animation to be displayed on a TV screen, so I thought
I'd use Pov-Ray's field rendering feature.

If I understand correctly, it stores alternate lines of the animation in two
consecutive TGA files (doubling the lines to retain the image height).

So a program is obviously needed which will extract the lines from each pair
of TGA files and interlace them into a series of single frames which would
then be stored in an AVI file. The interlaced AVI file could then be loaded
into a video editing package just like any other piece of captured video.

As this is the only way to produce an interlaced AVI from Pov-Ray, surely
such a tool must already exist, but I can't find it.

There are a couple of tools on the Pov-Ray site but they don't mention
processing interleaved sequences of TGA files, and anyway the links are no
longer valid.

Can anyone suggest a tool to do this?

Thanks

Colin