POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Field rendering question : Re: Field rendering question Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:08:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field rendering question
From: PovRAY
Date: 2 May 2002 18:10:45
Message: <3cd1b965@news.povray.org>
> Adobe Premiere does this, but it's sort of hidden in the menus. You have
> to import the frames as a single clip, which it does automatically if you
try
> to import the first frame. Then put them on the timeline, and if you right
> click on it there, there's some option somewhere that will combine every
> pair of frames. I think it's in the video options submenu, maybe look for
> something about 'fields', I think you have to check the correct box or
radio
> button somewhere.

Unfortunately this doesn't do what is required. This option causes the odd
lines from frame 1 to be interleaved with the even lines of frame 2 making a
new output frame. Then the even lines from frame 1 are interleaved with the
odd lines of frame 2 to make a second output frame. Thus you end up with all
of the lines of all frames being used and the same total number of new
frames.

What is actually required to create an interlaced movie from a POV field
rendered sequence is for the odd lines of frame 1 to be interleaved with the
even lines of frame 2 to make a new output frame. Then the odd lines of
frame 3 are interleaved with the even lines of frame 4 to make a second
output frame. Thus half of the lines of each frame are ignored and you end
up with half the number of frames you started with (i.e. if your POV
sequence contains 200 images these need to be interleaved to create a 100
frame animation).

So it looks like there isn't a tool to perform this sort of interleaving.
I'm very surprised - you NEED such a tool to produce field rendered
animations from POV !!!

It looks like I'll have to get my hands dirty and write a program to do
this. :(

Colin

"PovRAY" <cbd### [at] my-dejacom> wrote in message
> Thanks, I'll investigate this.
>
> Colin
>
> "Slime" <noo### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> > > So a program is obviously needed which will extract the lines from
each
> > pair
> > > of TGA files and interlace them into a series of single frames which
> would
> > > then be stored in an AVI file. The interlaced AVI file could then be
> > loaded
> > > into a video editing package just like any other piece of captured
> video.
> >
> > Adobe Premiere does this, but it's sort of hidden in the menus. You have
> > import the frames as a single clip, which it does automatically if you
try
> > to import the first frame. Then put them on the timeline, and if you
right
> > click on it there, there's some option somewhere that will combine every
> > pair of frames. I think it's in the video options submenu, maybe look
for
> > something about 'fields', I think you have to check the correct box or
> radio
> > button somewhere.
> >
> > I've done it before. If you can't figure it out from this, I can go in
and
> > figure it out again. I posted the answer a long time ago around here...
at