POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Field rendering question : Re: Field rendering question Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:36:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field rendering question
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 May 2002 06:57:18
Message: <3cd26d0e$1@news.povray.org>
> If POV did field renderings like this animations would not need any
> post processing to get the frames correctly interlaced - maybe this is
> a bug with the exisitng method or, if any users actually have a use
> for the current field rendering behaviour, there should be an
> additional setting added to POV's field rendering options?

the current beahvior works as designed because what you suggest requires two
scene representations to be in memory at the same time.  This is simply not
possible without reparsing, and I take it the last thing you want is to let
POV-Ray reparse the scene for every line, do you?  The solution is to use a
program that does the conversion as described by teh other posters.  Adobe
Premiere is one such program but I am sure a similar option is available in
every reasonable video editing program if one just looks for it.

    Thorsten