POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Suggestions for new POV-Ray Win Features Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:08 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestions for new POV-Ray Win Features (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: J  M  Rowlett
Subject: Suggestions for new POV-Ray Win Features
Date: 30 Oct 1998 22:16:27
Message: <363a810b.0@news.povray.org>
What would be really cool is, if the POV-Ray engine were a COM object, and
you fed it interfaces to other COM objects to render.  That way my script
parser and CAD software would simply expose shape and texture interfaces to
the engine, allowing me to embed the POV-Ray Engine anywhere, even a
WebPage.  This model should be flexible enough to allow me to aggregate
custom shapes and textures through the script parser or CAD software.  I
could even have a local Open-GL engine or remote renderer (using DCOM) ,
that I could hot-swap in my client App.

If you're interested and like to know details, email me.  I'd be more than
willing to join the group to do this.

Post a reply to this message