POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Suggestions for new POV-Ray Win Features : Re: Suggestions for new POV-Ray Win Features Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions for new POV-Ray Win Features
From: Alessandro Coppo
Date: 1 Nov 1998 03:58:50
Message: <363c22ca.0@news.povray.org>
Ronald L. Parker wrote in message <363b8392.7446507@news.povray.org>...
>On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:16:28 -0500, "J. M. Rowlett"
><row### [at] andrewcmuedu> wrote:
>
>>What would be really cool is, if the POV-Ray engine were a COM object, and
>>you fed it interfaces to other COM objects to render.
>
>If you're gonna crosspost, please do it right.
>
>Here's the relevant part of the new POVLEGAL:
>the official version IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED.

I cannot complain about POV (I have not payed for it and, notwithstanding
what says Richard Stallman, if you do not pay for something, you have no
right about it... but to fix it by yourself) but unfortunately POV Team is
growing more and more anti-Windows. Who knows, may be we might start
studying OpenGL and DirectX and getting knowledgeable about
Microsoft/SiliconGraphics Fahrenheit project... as Bryce demonstrates, a few
compentent and determined people can write a great rendering tool. You just
have be able to parse POV scripts.

Alessandro Coppo
a.c### [at] iolit
By the way, an ANASHAMED Microsoft henchman...