POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : In search of a good editor Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:06:08 EDT (-0400)
  In search of a good editor (Message 16 to 25 of 35)
From: Philippe Debar
Subject: Re: In search of a good editor
Date: 21 Mar 2007 05:22:07
Message: <4601074f$1@news.povray.org>

> Philippe Debar wrote:
>> What is your favorite editor for povray in Linux?
>
> As others have already pointed out it's usually the other way round with
> Linux: You pick your editor first, then you make it work with whatever
> you want to do with it. Aside from the editor choices that have been
> pointed out in the other responses, just a personal tip from me: Find an
> editor that suits you, no matter what you're doing with it. As most
> Linux/Unix programs, editors come with a certain philosophy that kind of
> defines the way you work with them. Once you found an editor that suits
> your way of writing in general, it's probably possible to teach it some
> POV :) And just for the record: My combination is vim/xterm...

<joking> So, what is the best unix editor ?</joking>

Post a reply to this message

From: Philippe Debar
Date: 21 Mar 2007 05:28:13
Message: <460108bd$1@news.povray.org>
I'll try to rephrase my question in a more-linux-way.

I currently have not choosen a general-purpose editor. As most of my
editing will probably be restricted to:
* configurations files
* Povray
* a little bit of Python

What editor is best suited, which one has the most advanced
plugin/modes/extensions/scripts/macros for (mostly) Povray and (a
little) Python?

Povingly,

Philippe

Post a reply to this message